Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Too much of things..

Its been a while! Hope you all are doing good! I was @home in Kerala for sometime and came back a few days before. Took sometime to settle in and get back to routine.Was on hangover! When I am at my home, I enjoy all the luxuries there, and try not to do the normal household works I normally have to do. Most of the time I will be busy chit chatting, travelling,meeting all relatives and all! This time, it was slightly different. Everyone was busy there and stressed out! I was staying at home most of the time and and I knew this would happen. So I took along my hobby kit to there. Now have so many things going on and none of these are completed yet!I was switching from one to another all the time.

The summer splendor doily in pretty pink,I was crocheting this during train journey. The pink thread is now over and I have a few more rounds left. Its a very bright pink and I don't have matching colours that look good with this. So probably I will block this without crocheting further!

Next is a cross stitch..This is from a book I own called Donna Kooler's Cross Stitch Inspiration. I started this somewhere last year and all I did was a one leaf. When I was on bed rest I gave this book to my cousin. Before leaving to kerala, she gave this back to me and I resumed stitching ,its not even halfway through!

Some hand embroidery going on! and on the background is snow doily with white beads in the corner which I got from an old chain of mine. Doily is complete,need to block it.


Can you see something crocheted in white. That's the Victorian Table Cloth Motif.I did 3 motifs now and its not for a table cloth!After coming back, before finishing any of these,I started something new. I always found difficult crocheting with yarn.All because I did not have the right hook. After trying out different size of hooks, I found one with I can crochet comfortably! And these some summer garden squares are born! Haven't decided what to do with them, but they wont go waste!

I don't know when I am going to finish all these, but I enjoyed doing all of it till this stage! It was really a stress buster.Today when I took all these to my table, I simply loved the look of this incompleteness and thought of blogging it.
So thats a long post and more than enough for one post!
Till I complete any of these
Take Care
Ninu

12 comments:

  1. wow... ninu... nice works... really a big smile comes in my face when i read ur post... the reason is i too a have lot like this... haha... any how wish u to complete all these works soon... waiting to see ur finished ones..

    ReplyDelete
  2. all your wips look nice.I am specially in love with your cross stitch project.Looks like its going to be stunning when done.the last picture is just so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cross stitch..and the embroidery too..its fun to keep switching from one to another.Doesn't get boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! All of your WIPs are lovely. I specially like the color of your pink thread (I am addicted to crochet threads) and I love your cross stitch project. Thank you so much also for sharing the pattern links. And I wanted you to know that you're one of my inspirations in doing my doilies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice you have many projects..love the pink doily..

    ReplyDelete
  6. so nice to see your WIPS...i love the pink colour of the doily...and the hand embroidery and cross stitch progress also looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi ninu, nice to see all the projects progressing!!:)i luv that cross stitch pattern..the crochet and the embroidery too are pretty!May you get enough inspiration to finish them all fast!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cross stitch is going to turn out marvelously. The color of the doiley is gorgeous. Hope you finish them all soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your crochet is lovely! So many projects on the go - you certainly wont run out of things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are one busy girl!! :) Love that cross stitch you are working on. All the crochet works look pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the cross stitch.
    Like to see the finished one.
    doing needlework or ctaft gives us enthu. I realize it.So keep doing.
    viji

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to all.. Love you all for taking time to put those comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..