Friday, 20 May 2011

Crochet Cushion

This is my third crocheted cushion cover. I love making them and this time its in favourite colour blue. I was just making granny squares with random colour choices after I made these and I loved this choice the most. Then,I made 16 granny squares and joined them to get the cushion cover size. Making squares was easy but joining them was not. I tried 2-3 methods and found this method more comfortable to me.
Then came the sewing part, after making two similar cushion covers I thought it would be easy for me third time, but no.. I was in front of sewing machine for almost 3 hrs to sew this simple cushion cover. it was going all the way wrong :( The yarn stretched more than I thought and after sewing ,the cover is a bit over size for my cushion .Somehow, I managed a decent look.
That's about my latest finish.
Granny Square Pattern : Summer Garden Square from Attic24
Till Next time
Take Care and Happy Weekend!
Ninu

13 comments:

  1. It has come out very well!!Worth the effort, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. its my fav colour too ninu!! it has come out very well!!very pretty infact!!:)luv the colour combo as well!!congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this has come out so well! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Ninu!!!!I also done the same but for different purpose ,will post it soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful combination of colors! And thanks so much for having stopped by my giveaway, as it gave me the chance to discover your blog too. I am trying to relearning crochet and to teach myself to embroider, so I think I'm going to enjoy reading your posts - I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty good work... bright colors.. looking beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cheerful piece of work to have around. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is the yarn used? Where do you buy yarn in Bangalore?

    ReplyDelete
  9. anu,I bought this from comm.street,the yarn is called vardhaman.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...Thatz a cool cushion cover! Of all the cushion covers i like this one and the lavender one the most.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..