Monday, 19 September 2011

My first bag

oh yes!!,I am back again!!I was in Kerala for 2 weeks and we had a fabulous holiday this time. It was different,we did not have any family functions to attend,but went for a spiritual retreat,spend good amount of  time with family, i think that was much needed..,overall not a hectic one!!Came back totally refreshed,free and happy! we were back on last Tuesday, but then our telephone and Internet had some problem. Now back to the old routine..
Today I am going to show you the first bag I made, though not fully completed,have to give lining. The pattern is the famous Inga's Häkel beutel.
The pattern is simple,just have to make some squares and join them.I took some yarn to Kerala and made these squares during my stay there. After joining all the squares,I am not satisfied with the colour choice I made(i think its too dull,in pic it looks way too bright!!) and the size of the bag.. Its actually a small one. But I am happy that it has got a descent look and almost effortless! my sewing attempts to make a bag did not work. I think I will be making some more bags.I loved it totally..
Till Next time
Take Care
Happy Monday!!
Ninu

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first bag.. Love the red and gray combination.. making bags is very addictive.. after all, a girl can never have too many bags! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...that's beautiful ninu...i love the colour combo ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice ... Ninu!!!!
    Look Elegant!~!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this colour combo Ninu.beautiful bag

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats great :) I too want to crochet a bag sometime soon. Lets see when this happens. I like the color combination you have used :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once you start making bags, you can't stop. Its a very pretty bag!!You asked about the exhibition. Next time I hear about any, will surely tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bag is lloking pretty Ninu..glad you enjoyed your holidays..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the bag is just GREAT and an attractive colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice bag ninu... i too made this type of bag.... can check in my blog.... really its too easy.... i want to make more and more colorful bags :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your color combination. The bag turned out really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a gorgeous bag Ninu. I love the colours you chose.

    Glad you had a lovely time away as well.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with the other commenters who say that bag making is highly addictive!! Lovely first bag - you really can't go wrong with red / grey.

    Thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Ninu,
    Bag looks neat.
    I saw similar pattern patch work bag in a sale here. Did not decipher the pattern at that time. Thanks for the pattern link.
    Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks everyone for the lovely comments,I am trying to be happy with the colour choices

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty.. I had missed this one. And your photography is excellent too. Keep going!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..