Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Welcome 2012

 Wishing everyone a very happy new year!!!
We are back in Bangalore after a long vacation back home. This time, it was peaceful one. Not too many family functions were there, but enough to have a show off! Christmas, we celebrated it in my brother's new house with the whole family , all of my cousins were there, no need to say how much  fun we had! New Year started as a peaceful one, I want this year to be like that too..  As usual I took some resolutions.Last year, many of them were broke in the initial days itself. Hope this year, I stick with them for sometime. Crafty side, 2011 was a good year for me, I am happy when I look back and tempted to make some collages of my finishes last year.
My granny lovelies, almost addicted making this, and I am still making many more. In 2012, I will be trying out many more in different colours, patterns.Yes, its time consuming, but I love it!!
The doilies I made in 2011, except for the Red Pinwheel and lavender two-tone doily,all others are given away.Majority went to my Mom and Sis-in law. So there's enough reason to make some more myself this year.
The embroidered pillowcases,which I am really happy about.. I love simple hand embroidery,hope to do some more this year.
Some more simple  finishes, which are not in any particular category, but  I am really proud of.  I will be making at least one more scarf this year. And of course snowflakes too. I plan to make two of them every month until December.
And the cross stitch which took almost half a year to finish, still not framed. Need to get it done soon.This year,no big cross stitch plans as of now.
I took some crafty resolutions this year too,many of them  carried over from last year's and the majority is for my home makeover. This year I am a little more determined..;) 
 I want to do more of sewing,want to learn ribbon embroidery,which is the new technique I want to try this year, I think I need a tutor for this, I tried learning it online last year, but its not registering into my brain. 
and  knitting too, I don't have a huge desire to learn knitting, it comes when I see a beautiful finish by others,but goes off  when I close the page.. LOL! but I hope I can learn it by myself. I have plans to do some glass paintings too. And list goes on..
So next post I show my first finish this year, I thank all who come and visit my space here.Wishing everyone a very happy 2012!
Take Care
Ninu

12 comments:

  1. you made beautiful stuffs..I love your crochet, that's one craft I want to learn this year :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collection of projects! I'm such a fan of your doilies, in particular. =) GREAT work!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wonderful year full of craftiness...
    Wishing to see more in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanx for giving a chance to go thru all your wonderful creations of the year again Ninu..it was pure bliss gazing at each and everyone of them.. very lovely finishes.. May God help you stick on to your resolutions this year cutie!:).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a happy and creative new year Ninu...May all your wishes and dreams come true...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish you all happiness in 2012 Ninu.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty projects Ninu!!Hope to see more from you this year!!Wishing you a very happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy new year ninu... nice looking back and resolutions.... wishes for your success

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Ninu,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    Wish you a very happy new year.
    You make AWESOME stuff madam!!!
    Loved your shop on SHOPO too.The christmas tree was beautiful.
    Feel like kissing your hands!
    Luv,
    Vinnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice finishes Ninu. Best of luck for 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Ninu,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, best wishes to 2012.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ninu,

    Just check the bullion knot tutorial at http://threadwithme.blogspot.com/2012/01/bullion-stitch.html.


    rajis.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..