Thursday, 26 April 2012

Another set of Doilies

I love making doilies,I find it the easiest thing for me. Most of the doilies I made are given away as gifts, only three of them are with me now.  Let me show off some doilies I made recently. First one is the Spiral Doily with glass beads. I found the pattern super easy when I crocheted the Lavender one, and immediately threaded some beads on the white thread. The pattern progressed smoothly and I love the final look. Big enough, but you wont notice the beads unless told.
 I thought glass beads on white give a different n' classy look, but when I showed it to Mom and SIL they dint notice it at all and I had to tell them about the beads on the edge. 

Project Details:Pattern: Pinwheel Doily
Thread: Unbranded White Thread in size 20
Hook :  Steel hook 0.85mm
Finished size after blocking:12 inches

Next is a Pineapple Doily in pale pink.  The pattern is from a book by Leisure Arts which a friend gave it to me. I am glad that I have many generous friends.Thanks Vims for sending it to me.
Last is the Cutie Pie Doily, this time I crocheted it with Anchor Knitting Cotton, so its big in size than the usual ones. I enjoyed photographing each doilies, it was fun. After some gap, I took some effort in taking pictures and happy with the results.What do you think?
Till next time
Take care
Ninu

20 comments:

  1. Very nice..I see we have alot of the same patterns..You do very lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ninu... Nice doilies.. My cutie pies.. one the way..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful doilies. I especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ninu...ur doilies are just amazing!!first one is so classy!I love doilies..but now I am in a mood of collecting material rather than doing anything..will do one of ur doily..soon..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vaheeda. even I am collecting a lot these days! just the look of all those make me happy!

      Delete
  5. beautiful doilies ninu.... pictures are perfect... you are my inspiration to crochet doilies.... but still hesitate to make doilies with cotton thread... i'm satisfying with the wool threads.. i really don't know when i'll make those in cotton .... i wish to start it soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arul,I started crochet with threads, still comfortable with it love the finish of thread crochet

      Delete
  6. All your doilies are beautiful! You're one of the my inspirations in making doilies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pics are great as usual, esp now that you can get it outdoors too! Good to see that making the best use of time! The doilies are beautiful. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anitha. love taking pics here esp outdoors

      Delete
  8. wonderful Ninu,
    ur pics are superrrrr , r u the photographer ???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raji, yes, I am the photgrapher

      Delete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..