Monday, 23 April 2012

Traditional Granny Square Cushion

Blue is my fav colour and I love combo of blue and green. These granny squares were crocheted just after Christmas, which was supposed to be gifts for Mom. But just couldn't find time after that  to sew it up to a cushion cover. These colours go well with the sofa set at home. My mother saw me sewing this, asked me for whom I am making this, I am in a gift making mode these days.I dint give a proper answer,so an element of surprise was there. 
And check what my dear friend Nima sent me on mail. There are some cross stitch pattern books,magazines, kits, fusible seam, rotary cutter blade. I was going all ooh-aah seeing the whole pack and turning the pages of books over and over. My little niece was with me and she was surprised seeing my excitement, later asked me some genuine doubts consists "what? why?" etc and then advised me what/where to start first.You all see more of cross stitch soon, I guess.
She sent me some yummy yarn as well, the variegated yarn are all cotton and others acrylic. I love its feel and soon will be used for some lovely finish. Last week, my Internet was out of order, otherwise I would have posted about this soon after receiving . She really knows how to pamper and sent me right gifts at the right time! Thanks Nima.
I am slowly finishing off my WIP's and almost all doilies I crocheted are blocked. All about that in the next post.Till then
Take Care, 
Ninu

20 comments:

  1. So elegant.Looks great :) I really like the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur crocheted cushion cover is looking lovely!!And those gifts..congrats dear..perfect gift for veteran crafter like u..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vaheeda. still long way to go for a veteran status

      Delete
  3. Cushion is great... perfect gift for ur mom.... and the gifts are cool ... eager to see the outcome of those yarns

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the granny cushions! The colors, the different sides...excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blue cushions are indeed soothening to the eye. A very rich gift hamper to spoil you and keep you busy for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work as always Ninu....Just loved the combination...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ninu,
    Came across your blog by following various links. Very creative and inspiring! I too do crochet and dabble in other crafts/arts.
    Where do you get good threads in India, Bangalore?

    http://diapermum.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rajeswari,Thanks for visiting! I usually buy from Comm.street Bangalore.

      Delete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..