Wednesday, 6 March 2013

Wrap it around

I so wish I had better Internet, it is not at all proper and blogging is kind of difficult. So, hows your week going? Mine going well, crafty and otherwise.Its already March and I really have no idea how time's going(pss:  last year this time I was counting every second, minute to pass,I felt the day was longer than 24hrs :(  ),  I'm happy I get  time for my hobbies now. I was totally away from anything related to crafts this year until mid Feb,it was more of cleaning,unpacking, organising whenever my little girl allowed.Now home is almost set,some more things are to be done, but it can wait. I really didnt know where to start and my craft room still is a mess.
  There was a two-month CAL going on Crafty Dozen group on Ravelry and I decided to join as there's a deadline. It had to be something with the yarn in my stash. A shawl/scarf was in my mind,chose the pattern after a lot of search,being the first one made I thought of not taking any risks and chose one simple pattern.I can crochet fast I think, that part was done in two days time.Next on to the very difficult part-blocking, though I tried my best I still feel its a bit heavy. I should have used a larger hook .
I love the colour,the pink shade in between,the shape and hope to wrap it when climate gets cold here. btw what do u call this colour, all this life I refer it as 'violet', I know most people call it as 'purple'.
Project Details:
Pattern: Oveja 
Yarn: Vardhman Double Colour (DK/8ply)
Hook: 4.5mm


 If you are on my facebook page, the pic may look a little familiar.I posted this pic over an year ago there  when I was crocheting this stole. Its silk yarn from SilkIndian, I bought it when I joined the Ravelry Bangalore Brigade meet organised at the their store. I was not sure whether I use it or not , so bought only 2 hanks,just for the sake tht I went there and I must say I regretted that decision later. The yarn is super cool and its perfect for gifting.

I started making a stole afterwards,the yarn is too smooth and crochet was so fast  and again the pattern also an easy one.And after crocheting, it rested in my cupboard for an year to get it blocked. I thought the silk also had to go under steam for blocking and really did not want to go through all those physical stress then. Recently I saw a post on blocking silk, it looked so easy, and here my stole blocked,lace opened and ready to use( yeah!I already started using it..)
Its made with only one hank of yarn, the width n length are adjusted to my likes. There's scope for more stretching n' blocking, I was too careful during the process, but very happy with the thing. I think its the colour that I love most.

Project Details
Pattern: Ziggy Lace Scarf
Yarn: SilkIndian Aleena Silk of Heaven (Fingering / 4 ply)
Hook: 4.0mm
Finished Size : 75 x 4.5 inches
So, thats two things I made for myself, totally selfish me-me, after all, I see most of my crafts are going as gifts n' I badly need something for myself to show off. But yes, I am making a lot of gifts now, mostly for the little people who already landed safely and to those who are waiting for safe landing..
Till next time
Take Care
Ninu

12 comments:

  1. ninu..ur crochet shawl and wrap are super cool..I love the design and simplicity..u r now a dictionary of yarns dear..never know this much varity of yarn..and what a beautiful colour..!even I too call first one violet..most of friends call it as purple..ha..ha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty n delicate your me-me gifts look. Especially love the silk stole. The silk thread looks georgous and I love the way the 2 colors have blended in your pattern. I m from Bangalore too, tho now living in Hong Kong . Can you tell me where you purchased the silk thread? Would love to get my hands on such thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely :) I am happy that you are enjoying craft work once again

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work Ninu. I love the stole, the color, pattern and especially the thread is really superb. I wish to buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to enjoy your works. These are very pretty.
    I never miss your varities of stitches. They are cute and pretty.
    Like to see more works from you.
    viji

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice ones Ninu.. I loved the silk scarf.. the double color thread goes well with the pattern.. !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice ones Ninu :-) Happy to see you back into crafts. But still a surprise for me, how you are finding time ?
    Does Hannah grab your hook when you are crafting?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its been long ninu, nice to see u back... lovely crochet scarf and I loved the red dress. By the way I had conveyed my wishes in one of your previous post, But once again congratulations!! Actually even, I have not been around for quite some time. would love to see some pictures of your little one, if you don't mind....

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy to see ur works ninu... hugs to your kutti paapa.... she is lucky to get the crafty mother.... love the violet shawl..... you know this is the first color combination i'll pick alwaya.... what ever the craft may be :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful projects! I'm working on the Oveja shawl right now too :) Your yarn choices for both projects are lovely. Elisabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Geetha, Viji,Pavitra,Thanks a lot for ur comments.
    Sangheeta, she is not grown to tht,I see she grabbing my hook n playing with yarn balls in near future.
    Preeta,Thanks a lot for ur comment, I used to visit ur blog when u were active,When u restarted I was behing the scene, off to your place right away!
    Elisabeth,Thanks a lot for stopping by, I loved ur creations too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is a lovely shawl Ninu...gorgeous colour too...silk india yarn looks gorgeous too

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..