Thursday, 29 August 2013

Chevron Blankie

Hello everyone,
How are you all today?  I am glad that I am back here in a weeks time n' I ve started reading n checking out my favourite blogs too. Glad that Internet is working proper these days. My lil girl is turning one next month, I cant believe it though. But its nice and fun when they start to respond, she started saying small words,explore and inspect everything around home ,we play a lot ,we go out almost everyday in the evening to a nearby park ,grab some fresh air, play a little and she will be all tired reaching home.♥ ing life!!
After making blankets for friends' babies, I wanted to make one for my dear too. I had some other patterns in mind until I saw this. Sadly I havent mastered knitting yet, I am trying but. Hope I start to knit before this year ends. I loved large chevrons and found similar pattern in crochet, the colours used there is amazing too.
Immediately I start this blanket, I had this yarn which I am not that fond of. I bought it for another purpose, but it splits heavily and its difficult when there's a lot of cut n join. The good thing is its incredibly soft n colours are lovely and perfect for this project.The pattern is very easy, I loved the finish, its smooth, soft and pastel.

Now that I am not scared of large projects, I want to make large throw/playmat for her. As usual, confused about pattern , colours and yarn.
Project Details:
Pattern: Large Stripe Chevron Blanket
Yarn: Nako Saten
Hook: 4mm
Size:30 x 32 inches.

I have made another tab here 'Free crochet patterns' compiling all the free patterns I did, check it out and do write in, I love hearing from you.
Till next time
Take care
Ninu
Follow me on facebook.

21 comments:

  1. It's a pretty blanket with lovely colors! I too thought of ordering this yarn from pony craft store but after your feedback I have to think about it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preeti, there are some amazing yarns from Pony. this particular one I dont suggest.

      Delete
  2. This is Wonderful. I'm always scared to do big projects but wishing to make 1 soon lets see :-)
    Love the soft colors and the neat stitches.
    Great Job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty blanket. I really like the combination of colours. Hope the birthday is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that is a very pretty blanket - the colours you've used really compliment each other. Have a creative weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the blanket is gorgeous, I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome blanket! Love the combination of colors.

    Here's my FO: http://mibruno.com/terminada-alicia/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very pretty blanket it, and it looks so neatly done too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colors! Visiting from My Merry Messy Life.

    Best,
    Sheila
    http://sheilazachariae.blogspot.com/2013/09/three-one-skein-granny-gifts.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blanket - great job! I love the soft colors you used but yet they're not the traditional pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice
    from
    http://kasthuriscreations.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice blanket - you have certainly mastered this one...I also have not mastered knitting. :-)

    Happy Birthday to the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Olá amiga, tenho um blog sobre artes em geral, o Agulha e Tricot by Tita Carré, já visitastes?
    Adoro teu blog, sempre tem coisas lindas,
    já estou te seguindo,beijokas


    http://www.titacarre.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. Nice blankieee..Love the colors too. I am working on a blanket too.. yessss baby is to arrive in a couple of weeks. Will try this pattern too :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful blanket with pleasing colors and pattern

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice finish... Hanna....happy with amma's creation...right?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice color combinations. When I make blankets I pretty much stick with one color because I'm not that good at choosing multiple colors. But yours are really pretty in this adorable blanket. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..