Thursday, 20 March 2014

In 2014

Dears,
Just realised that its been almost four months since an update here from my side. Hows 2014 going for everyone? For me its just okay okay, not tht great, not tht bad too.Now that I learnt to count on my blessings more, days are going happily and easily.


About my crafty rides, I started this year with a doily from my new book "Pineapple Lace with Complete Diagrams" with much enthusiasm, but it was a tough ride all through,  after a certain stage the pattern went dead slow and I almost lost interest in working on it.. The only reason I took an effort completing the doily is I did not want the first project this year to go into WIP box.

The doily came out quite pretty and large after blocking. I decided to keep it myself  but gave to my Mom last time I went home. 

I wanted to sew curtains ever since I bought sewing machine. Somehow for certain things there s always a mind block.( like I simply cannot make a wearable. I really want to make dresses for my lil one , but its not happening!) And one fine day, when my baby was asleep, I suddenly decided to make curtains and it dint take too much time although there were hiccups in the start. I wanted and all-white thing, but there was not enough fabric and  later put the red polka fabric in between. its just the basic method , but I am happy when I see these in my drawing room. I really really hope I can overcome all my fear towards sewing gradually. 
This year I am totally into making head bands, at least till today, new ideas are pouring in and my google searches are also about these things mostly.  I started making one for my lil one for Christmas and later it became more of an addiction. I think I have to take count of the finished ones now,seriously!
Will post more about my hair accessories in next post. I really do not want to leave this space unattended, will come back soon. 
Till next time
Take care
Ninu

9 comments:

  1. I am in love with all the little headband parts. The curtains are lovely! I am too afraid to even try sewing anything wearable for my little girl. I am sure eventually, you will work your way up to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot ! yeah, I hope so.. I wish!

      Delete
  2. The headband on the pretty little head is so cute. The doily is very pretty and you have done a great job with your curtains. Welcome back, hope to see you more here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pradeepa. hope I dont lose my mojo again.

      Delete
  3. The headband is gorgeous, I hope you can do a post to show us how you made it and what you used.

    I love that doily!! It was worth the effort I'm sure as it has turned out beautifully.

    I can understand your sewing fears. I too have a little basic machine and I just freeze at the thought of getting it out and using it. I've made a couple of basic things on there like a bag and a cushion but I'd feel much better if I had someone with experience next to me I think.
    You made a lovely job of those curtains anyway.
    Well done!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kim. long time!
      sure I will write a post about my headbands, totally addicted to it now. I also feel the same, if i can sit with someone who sews. thanks a lot for commenting~

      Delete
  4. The doily is gorgeous!!! Love all the little headbands, too. What fun quick projects in between the arduous doily. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The headbands are tooo gorgeous! I wish my little one wore it, i would love to make some.. Train her while she is young to wear ur creations :DD .. Welcome back in 2014, a kid really takes up all your time, but dun worry...even though the days are long, the years are surely short!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The headbands are so cute! Great to see you back Ninu

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..