Monday, 25 January 2016

Crochet flowers on canvas

Hey everyone,


Every crafter will have a big list of to do things always on their notebook, I'm no different. I add new things every now and then , and priorities also changes accordingly. Sometime back I planned to make a few home decor things according to colours I love. I listed down what all things to make, but then it stayed in the planning stage itself.
 There was this canvas frame(s) on the list , but couldnt finalise one design, I want to make a doily frame, applique , mosaic, painting, and so many other things. Then I put the whole idea aside and started planning something else.
 Today that canvas idea again came to my mind after dropping little one to school, I bought some acrylic paint from the store and gave it a try . Everything was done on the go. And here is the result.


I painted yellow acrylic paint on a plain canvas and glued flowers on it. I have a fairly good number of crochet flowers always, all leftovers after some projects I do. I wanted a very pastel yellow background but this is a little brighter for my likes. Everything selected on the go, I dint spend much time to select flowers and buttons.  But happy with the overall look and it was a good project for instant gratification. It took hardly one hour to assemble the whole thing and I'm sure I ll be making more canvas works from now on , based on my colour theme. 

  In between, I joined a  all year CAL on ravelry and I made this Katherine rose square  this month, The colours were chosen randomly but there is all possibility that I try same pattern on different colour combo. 

So how do you like my colourful post. Do let me know. 
So until next time
Take care
Ninu

13 comments:

  1. Your art piece is beautiful! It's very cheerful. I like the idea of crochet on canvas.
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canvas art is looking lovely!! Your crochet square is beautiful too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The canvas is lovely! So bright and cheerful. The crochet square is really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great come back.
    Love the canvas idea.. There is a wedding coming next month and will try to make this for gifting.:-) Hope you do not mind ...
    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      Go ahead please!! waiting to see your take on this.

      Delete
  5. Good idea for instant gratification. Crochet square is also pretty. Canvas piece is professionally made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art piece is lovely, thank you for sharing with the stash link party. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...that canvas with flowers look fabulous.. lovely crochet square too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations your canvas has been featured. :) http://lindacraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/stash-buster-link-party-three.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this......I live in Michigan, USA, and it has been so COLD here so this made me feel like maybe spring will come! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..