Friday, 12 February 2016

Pom Pom decor

Pinterest is really addictive! When I am really bored I open it and you never know where time went! I have pinned so many interesting things there and never bothered to try anything. These days I am cleaning up my stash and there were a few colours of scrap yarns and I wanted to use those. I thought of wrapping bottle with those but then I tried that for Christmas(which I haven't posted here). Then this pom pom decor idea came to my mind.

 

I started making pom poms with these blues and greys, its really therapeutic. I used finger method for some and fork for some. The ones with fork came out pretty neat , but wrapping over finger was easier.

I made small garlands also with pom poms. We moved to this house 8 months before and I haven't done much decor other than Christmas. It was all plain and after Christmas I felt it quite boring. I don't want to buy new things coz we never know when we have to move back to Bangalore. So recycling works the best!



The vase is old jam jar wrapped with jute yarn and decorated with a few mulberry flowers.  The book rack top was bare all this time . And this adds a bit of charm there.With a few candles nearby it looks nice. What do you think?
Edited to add : these are skewers where pom poms are sticked.




I am clipping some family pics on the lights and that corner is complete. I am so in love with this thing. Now thinking of what to make next. The week passed quite quickly and this is the only craft thing I completed this week. There are a few things I started, hope to finish all those soon.
Till next time
Take care
Ninu


8 comments:

  1. Soooooooooo beautiful. Both the pom pom boquet and garland. Nice idea of clipping the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful pom pom!!!Nice colours!!!Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know another pom pom addictive like me. Pom pom making is therapeutic and fits it into everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking very sweet !!:) I know how quickly time moves on Pinterest and how I wish I can make all the beautiful things I am pinning. But just looking at beautiful things is an inspiration to creat something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bunches of pom poms. I have a few vases i like to display so i could make some of these to put in them. What did you use for the stems?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy, Thanks for the comment. The stem is skewer we use to grill :P

      Delete
  6. Looking nice.. I landed here after a long gap.. so, feeling much happy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty! Happy & nice both in one, great idea :-). Sunday greetings from your new follower Nata

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..