Thursday, 4 February 2016

Something yellow


This pattern is one among my favourite. I started many a projects in this pattern and never able to finish a single one. This year , I have decided to use up all/half of yarn I have collected before buying anything new. Its going to be two months and I still stick to what I decided though tempted to buy many a times. This project I started as a stash buster.



One fine day I just started making yellow flowers , I was not sure if I could complete this cushion , but then that evening I completed all squares. Then I ran out of yellow(mission accomplished evil grin) and took  green just like that to join the squares. And I believe it worked beautifully!


Third day I started with the back side of pillow which is good ol' granny square. And then I had to wait for right buttons which I bought last week. I really feel the different patterned buttons give a rustic look to the whole thing.


I usually work with cotton yarn for my pillows, but this yarn though its acrylic, gives a really good finish. I was not sure if this colours would work, sometimes things work beautifully than we ever imagine , you just have to give it a go!

Project Details:
Pattern: Something pretty
Yarn: Stylecraft Special DK  in colours Silver, Citron, Meadow
Hook: 4mm
Size: 15" x 15"

Till next time
Ninu

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful cushion. Me too have the same color combo yarn in my stash. Though having so much yarns and threads in my stash I still ponder over the online stores. I don't know why I am doing that. Inspired to do a cushion with this combo. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is one of my fav pattern too. I am inspired to make cushions seeing yours now. So bright and cheery

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking pretty !!:) I usually don't make crocheted backs, just lazy for double work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely...those yellow flowers look so prominent and beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Visiting..
Your comments are always welcome!! It means a lot to me..